Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MARY POPPINS CARRIED A CARPET BAG....

I have always had a love for vintage carpet bags...I have quite the collection and it's still growing....all of these were thrifted....and yes I use them.



I have been using this one since my New York trip....I have had this one for over 10 years...
A favorite....big and roomy....





When I first began blogging, I posted this collection of vintage needle point and carpet bags but did not know what I was doing really so I deleted the post because the photos were huge. I thought it was worth a re-post. Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments. Dawn:D



4 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Glad you reposted...this is an awesome collection of bags....really pretty!!

Random Rants said...

I love these - I had no idea you had so many! Nice!

Nita Stacy said...

I really love carpet bags too. I have one...but yes....I think I need a whole collection. I bought the one I have at a flea market and the friend I was with turned up her nose at it. Everytime I carry it..and she sees me...she says....you still have that thing. She doesn't like it at all. But yes..it reminds me of Mary Poppins.

Ailith Blesington said...

So Mary Poppins started it all, huh? Well, I couldn't wish for a better style icon. Just look at that photo! It has "chic" written all over it. I do hope that carpet bags continue to transcend the ever-changing world of fashion.

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”